Remembering NEAVS and the animals in your legacy
In the more than 117 years that NEAVS has been committed to ending the use of animals in laboratories and science classes, we have received numerous bequests to help our work. Bequests, and the income they generate, provide a major portion of our program funding each year.
Bequests ensure that the work you have supported during your lifetime will continue. In addition, a gift from your estate may be larger than a gift you can provide during your lifetime. We are deeply grateful to the many visionary and compassionate supporters who have remembered NEAVS and the animals in this way.
A gift to NEAVS through your will or trust can have several advantages:
- Charitable gifts made through your will are 100% deductible for estate tax purposes
- Charitable bequests may place your estate in a lower estate tax bracket
- You may specify that your bequest be used for general purposes, for a particular area of interest, or as an endowment
There are several ways to make a bequest to NEAVS:
- A fixed amount of money
- A percentage of your estate
- Specific assets such as stocks, real estate, antiques, jewelry, etc.
- A contingent bequest, naming NEAVS as the recipient should another beneficiary not survive you
- A residual bequest, leaving a portion or the entire remainder of your estate to NEAVS after all else has been settled
- A life income bequest, paying income to the person of your choice for his or her lifetime after your death, with the principal donated to NEAVS at the death of your beneficiaries
- Specifying NEAVS as beneficiary of your life insurance policy or retirement plan
Your will is the easiest and most effective way to provide for those and for what you care about, even after you are gone. It ensures that your assets are used and distributed as you wish, in a manner that reflects your life values and intentions.
Please check with your attorney for more information on writing or making changes to your will. Here are examples to discuss with him/her of how to word a bequest to NEAVS:
I give, devise, and bequeath to the New England Anti-Vivisection Society, located at 333 Washington Street, Suite 850, Boston, Massachusetts, 02108-5100, the sum of $________ to be used for its general purposes.
I give, devise, and bequeath to the New England Anti-Vivisection Society, located at 333 Washington Street, Suite 850, Boston, Massachusetts, 02108-5100, for its general purposes all (or state fraction or percentage) of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate, both real and personal.
I give, devise, and bequeath the sum of $___________ to the New England Anti-Vivisection Society, located at 333 Washington Street, Suite 850, Boston, Massachusetts, 02108-5100, to be used to fund an endowment for the Society.
NEAVS’ federal tax identification number is 04-2104756.
If you or your attorney have any questions or need further information, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 617-523-6020 ext.11
Thank you for your generosity.